504 gateway error

I’m using aspose cloud for pdf and trying to merge 6 pdf document with the total size of 15 MBs.
when I call putMergeDocuments the merged output file is generated on the storage but there is no response and after a few minutes I get 504 gatewayd error.
What should I do?

@conveysoft

We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have tested the scenario with 10 PDF files and have not noticed any issues. We would appreciate it if you would please share your sample code along with the sample files. It will help us reproduce and investigate the issue.

@tilal.ahmad did your files total size equivalent to mine?
The odd thing is the output file is generated on the storage and I can see it , but the response of putMergeDocuments never comes back and after about 7 minutes I get :
Server error: PUT https://api.aspose.cloud/v3.0/pdf/letsTestIt.pdf/merge?folder=tempPath2_598resulted in a 504 Gateway Time-outresponse:

@conveysoft

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, my total file size was smaller than 15 MB. Now I have tried the bigger files and noticed the reported issue. We have already fixed a similar issue(PDFCLOUD-3336) and the fix will be available in the upcoming release. It will fix your issue as well. We will notify you as soon as the new version is released.

Thank you.
@tilal.ahmad Could you please publish the bug fix sooner?(and tell me when would it be?). I have an important feature in my application that really depends on this aspose PDF merging. People are using it and the are really pissed off.

@conveysoft

Hopefully, we will release the new version this week. However, we will notify you as well when it becomes available.

@tilal.ahmad
Thank you , I’m eagerly waiting for the new version .
Do we have to make changes to our SDK (updating to newer version - we are using aspose pdf for PHP) or the changes will apply to the API backend?

@conveysoft

Yes, we have fixed the issue in the Aspose.PDF Cloud API. There would be no need to upgrade the SDK for this particular fix.

1 Like

@tilal.ahmad Where will you notify us the release of new version?
Is it ready?

@conveysoft

The fix is published; please try now. Your above issue should be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFCLOUD-3336) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by andrey.kaferi