Aspose Cloud Document Conversion and Manipulation REST APIs for Python 3.3

Hello

I am trying to use the SDK for Python. It appears the current SDK is designed to support python 2.7. Is there a version of the SDK that supports python 3.3 or greater?

Thanks
G

@greg-4

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support.

Would you please let us know what Cloud API Product (Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Slides etc.) you are using? So that we would update that particular SDK (to support Python v3.3) on the priority basis.

Hello

We are evaluating aspose.words, cells, slides, and pdf.

I have started porting things myself just to support python 3.3 but I am concerned because I do not know how the signature piece is supposed to work. Meaning I am not sure what the correct format for the signature should be. Can you comment if it seems like this will work?

Below is a link to my changes.

Thanks
Greg

@greg-4

We also support OAuth 2.0 authentication along with URL Signing. Please check Authenticating API Requests article for more details regarding APIs authentication.

I am going through your code and will share my feedback shortly.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a python example to show how to use the OAuth2 method with the API?

Sudo code or written documentation describing the methods would be ok as well.

Thanks
Greg

@greg-4

Please check the cURL examples given in the Authenticating API Requests article that explain how to authenticate API using OAuth 2.0.

Aspose.Words .NET SDK has been reworked to support OAuth 2.0 and other improvements.

I have logged a request in our internal tracking software to update Python SDKs to support OAuth 2.0 and Python v3.3. I will update you here once the SDKs are updated.

Good afternoon,

We are also planning to migrate to python3.
We raised this ticket

We are currently using the following imports in our existing codebase:

import asposewordscloud
from asposewordscloud.WordsApi import WordsApi

import asposestoragecloud
from asposestoragecloud.StorageApi import StorageApi
from asposestoragecloud.StorageApi import ResponseMessage

Would it be possible to add python 3 support?

@Alexandre_Leclercq

We have replied your query at GitHub. Over the last 2 months we have released Aspose.Words revamped SDKs for .NET, PHP, Ruby and Node.js.

We are working hard to release Python SDK (that supports Python 3) as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

@Alexandre_Leclercq

We confirmed with our Development team, Aspose.Words revamped Python SDK (that support Python 3) will be released in Quarter 2.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks for the update. What about support for python3 on the other SDKs?

Thanks
Greg

@greg-4

We have released Python SDK for Aspose.Cells GitHub - aspose-cells-cloud/aspose-cells-cloud-python: Python SDK to communicate with Aspose.Cells REST APIs. Create, Edit & Convert Excel files in the Cloud.

We are working hard to release Python SDKs for other products (Aspose.Slides and Aspose.PDF) too.

We will keep you updated here as the SDKs are released.

Hello Aspose team,

We are now reaching the end of Quarter 2. We noticed you created aspose-words-cloud-python repository
What is the status of Python 3 support for Aspose.Words and Aspose.Storage?

Many thanks!

@Alexandre_Leclercq

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support.

We have already released Aspose.Storage Python SDK that is compatible with both Python 2 and 3. Please use the following command to install the SDK:

pip install asposestoragecloud

We will share with you approximate release date of Aspose.Words Python SDK shortly.

@Alexandre_Leclercq

Please note recently we have released new versions of Aspose Cloud APIs with improved memory structure and refined internal architecture. These version made easy to work with cloud storage. Now you do not need to use a separate storage API for the purpose. Each API has its own methods for performing different storage related operations.