Support for .netcore 2.0 with Aspose.Cells Cloud API for Excel Spreadsheet processing

Hi all,

Where can I obtain Aspose cells cloud for dotnet core 2.0?

Thanks,
Rhys

@rhyswatkin

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support.

Please check our Aspose.Cells for Cloud .NET SDK. Cloud SDK is the quickest way for a developer to speed up the development. An SDK takes care of a lot of low-level details of making requests and handling responses and lets you focus on writing code specific to your particular project.

Aspose.Cells for Cloud API Reference guide let you test Aspose.Cells REST APIs right in your browser.

Hi @mateensajjad,

Thanks for the swift reply.

I have taken a look at the SDK. A git clone of git@github.com:asposecloud/Aspose.Cells-Cloud.git does not compile with this dotnet version:

$ dotnet --info
.NET Command Line Tools (2.1.3)

Product Information:
 Version:            2.1.3
 Commit SHA-1 hash:  a0ca411ca5

Runtime Environment:
 OS Name:     ubuntu
 OS Version:  16.04
 OS Platform: Linux
 RID:         ubuntu.16.04-x64
 Base Path:   /usr/share/dotnet/sdk/2.1.3/

Microsoft .NET Core Shared Framework Host

Version  : 2.0.4
  Build    : 7f262f453d8c8479b9af91d34c013b3aa05bc1ff

For now I’m writing HTTP requests against the REST API directly rather than using the SDK. However, if I could use an SDK with dotnet core 2 I would consider it.

Thanks again,
Rhys

@rhyswatkin

A git clone of git@github.com:asposecloud/Aspose.Cells-Cloud.git does not compile with this dotnet version:

Your SSH URL looks incorrect to me. It should be:
SSH URL: git@github.com:aspose-cells-cloud/aspose-cells-cloud-dotnet.git
HTTPS URL: GitHub - aspose-cells-cloud/aspose-cells-cloud-dotnet: .NET SDK to communicate with the Aspose.Cells REST API. Create, Edit & Convert Excel files in the Cloud.

Regarding compiling issue with .NET Core 2.0, I have logged a request CELLSCLOUD-10138 for our Development team to look into this issue and fix it at the earliest.

Thanks for correcting the URL, though that won’t compile with dotnet core either.

Cheers,
Rhys

@rhyswatkin

We are working to fix the compiling issue.

@rhyswatkin

Please perform the following steps to fix the compiling issue with .NET Core 2.0:

1- Upgrade RestSharp to v.106.2.1 to support .NET standard 2.0
2- Replace following line in ApiClient.cs

request.AddFile(param.Value.Name, param.Value.Writer, param.Value.FileName, param.Value.ContentType);

with

request.AddFile(param.Value.Name, param.Value.Writer, param.Value.FileName, param.Value.ContentLength, param.Value.ContentType);

RestSharp v.106.2.1 requires param.Value.ContentLength

3- Create a csproj file for .netcore

Please use updated Aspose.Cells.Cloud.core.zip (565.8 KB) project to compile and run with .netcore 2.0 on Ubuntu.