Convert Microsoft Word documents with Aspose.Words Cloud SDK for Python does not support Python 2.7

The latest version of Python Word SDK does not support Python 2.7

We tested the cloud solution (Word Cloud) with Python3, and everything worked fine.

But when testing with Python 2.7 (most of our codebase is still 2.7 legacy), we found that we were unable to follow the process mentioned in the docs. (here)

For example, while trying to create a blank document, we get the following error
image.png (116.3 KB)

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\asposewordscloud\api_client.py", line 40, in <module>
    from urllib.parse import urlencode
ImportError: No module named parse

We are using SDK version 20.11.0, the latest installed through pip.

We believe that this is because the SDK is incompatible with Python 2.7 (looking for urllib.parse.urlencode (from urllib.parse import urlencode) where it should using from urllib import urlencode probably with a try-except for python2 and python3 compatibility)

image.png (16.1 KB)

Can you please take a look and help us resolve this issue so that we can continue our tests and proof-of-concept?
If you need more information, please let us know.

Thanks.

@abhisheksv

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We have logged a ticket WORDSCLOUD-1448 in our issue tracking system to fix the issue. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.

1 Like

Thank you, @tilal.ahmad !

1 Like

Hi @tilal.ahmad
Is there any ETA on this? I need to tell my managers about the ETA today.
Please let me know if you have any information.

Thanks.
Abhishek.

@abhisheksv

Please note because the official support of Python 2 is over so we have dropped the support of Python 2.7 in Aspose.Words REST API.

Understood. Thank you.

1 Like