Replace Korean language Text issue in Nodejs using Aspose.Words REST API

Hi,

I am using, asposewordscloud api for NodeJs, and I figure out that the PostReplaceText is not working if I want to replace character like 안녕 by something else like Hey.

Best regards,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi,

For exemple in this doc: TestAspose.docx. With your api I can replace the text Bonjour by Coucou. while I can not replace 안돼 by Coucou.

The result is an empty string.

Best regards

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing the document. We have tested the scenario and have not found the shared issue. Please try again to replace the text. We have attached the output document with this post for your kind reference.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
But after severals test, I am still incurring this issues.

First I am replacing Bonjour by Hello => working.
And then I am replacing the 안돼 by Korean Change.

As you can see on the Image, I attached, your Api return matching. And change it.
But my output document attached as not the remplace words.

I think this is not an issue from my code because I can replace normal text and that also because your api find well the matching.

best regards.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your inquiry. Perhaps, you are facing this issue due to trial mode of Aspose cloud services.

Could you please attach your input JSON/XML data file here for further testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

You will find in the test.zip a file .json.

the json is this one. And I use it to do the request with the asposewordscloud.

{

“replaceTextRequestBody”:{

“OldValue”: “안돼”,

“NewValue”: “Bonjour”

},

“file_url”: “9c6b5623708db2bb7a6adf00b6c095d7test1.pdf”

}
wordsApi.PostReplaceText(file_url, null, null, null, replaceTextRequestBody, (responseMessage) => {

if(responseMessage.code===200) res.status(responseMessage.code).send(“Document has been updated successfully”);

else res.status(responseMessage.code).send(responseMessage);

});

Best Regards,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have not found the shared issue.

You may test your scenario using Aspose for Cloud Web API explorer. This is a collection of Swagger documentation for the Aspose for Cloud APIs. You can get information about all the resources in the API. It also provides testing and interactivity to our API endpoint documentation.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I tried with ReplaceText . And yeah it is working. And I make it works with your node wordsApi. (by adding IsMatchCase, IsMatchWholeWord, IsOldValueRegex) funny part is even if they are optional, they seems to be required(only with korean text). (if I put them to true or false it doesn’t matters. they just need to be there).

Now the tricky part is 안돼 is working but 고마워요 not with the nodeApi.
I got a 400 error:

{
“code”: 400,
“body”: {
“Message”: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
},
“status”: “Bad Request”,
“error”: null
}

I know that it is working on your aspose cloud but it’s not on your nodeApi:
And it is an exemple that I wrote:

const formData = {
“OldValue”: “ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”,
“NewValue”: “Coucou”,
“IsMatchCase”: true,
“IsMatchWholeWord”: true,
“IsOldValueRegex”: true
}
wordsApi.PostReplaceText(name, null, null, null, formData, (responseMessage)

will be 400

const url=‘http://api.aspose.cloud/v1.1/words/b729b47c35e6120afc63392fff3d15c2TestAspose.docx/replaceText?appsid=3cfe4a6c-2116-4665-806c-c72ebba2a0f8&signature=2prQmK0jjqSGdYrFnG4Vq1EeG9s’;
request.post(url)
.json(formData)

will be 200

So do you have any related issue with the nodeApi ?

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as EXMP-1077. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

May I ask you, when this problem could be solve ?

Best regards,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

3 posts were split to a new topic: PPTX TextItems with Korean Text issue using Aspose.Slides Cloud SDK for Node.js