Microsoft Word Document Processing REST API Solution throwing 500 Internal Server Error

Hi,

As send to tech support, we’ve been receiving “HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error” for the last couple hours for Aspose.Total / Words Cloud.

• Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache

Trying 52.34.227.94…

Connected to api.aspose.cloud 1 (52.34.227.94) port 80 (#0)

Server auth using Basic with user ‘XXXXX’

PUT /v1.1/storage/file/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.docx?appSID=XXXXX

Authorization: Basic XXXXXXXXXXXXX==

Host: api.aspose.cloud

Accept: application/xml

Content-Type: application/xml

x-aspose-client: PHPSDK/v1.0

Content-Length: 139562

Expect: 100-continue

< HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

We are completely uploaded and fine

< HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

< Cache-Control: no-cache

< Content-Type: application/xml; charset=utf-8

< Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 04:42:36 GMT

< Expires: -1

< Pragma: no-cache

Server Microsoft-IIS/8.0 is not blacklisted

< Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.0

< X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319

< X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

< Content-Length: 56

< Connection: keep-alive

<

Connection #0 to host api.aspose.cloud 1 left intact

sh: 1: -t: not found

From support:
I can see the same issue with your account. It has been forwarded to our platform team.
Can you please post the same in Aspose.Total forum?
We will fix it as soon as possible and update you via forum thread.
Please share the link after posting in forums

Hi,

There were more than one Apps in your account. We were able to notice this issue with default app but other apps were working fine. We have increased the storage limit of other apps as the storage allocated to those apps was full.

You can keep using other apps until the issue with your default app is fixed. We will update you as soon as the issue with your default app is fixed.

Best Regards,

Thanks Muhammad,

We’re still facing the problem, on any app. That is, I have tried each of the access credentials for the different apps, and they all fail.

And the Signed URI itself returns “500 Internal Server Error”.

Host: api.aspose.com

Accept: application/xml

Content-Type: application/xml

x-aspose-client: PHPSDK/v1.0

Content-Length: 507904

Expect: 100-continue

< HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

< HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

< Cache-Control: no-cache

< Content-Type: application/xml; charset=utf-8

< Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 03:25:49 GMT

< Expires: -1

< Pragma: no-cache

* Server Microsoft-IIS/8.0 is not blacklisted

< Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.0

< X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319

< X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

< Content-Length: 56

< Connection: keep-alive

* HTTP error before end of send, stop sending

<

* Closing connection 0

Could you let me know what the SLA for the cloud service is?
This issue has gone on for too long to be acceptable.

Regards,
Aidan

Hi Aidan,

Can you please check again and confirm if all apps are working now? I have uploaded a document to the app you had shared and did not notice any issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

It’s working again- excellent, thank you!

Can you elaborate on what the issue was and ensure us that it won’t happen again?

Also, again, could you let me know what the SLA for the cloud service is?

Best regards,
Aidan

Hi Aidan,

We are adding many new features to the service. A large number of changes were deployed to live servers this time which affected a part of existing code and the handling of file paths was disturbed, so you were not able to use storage APIs to upload files. This was not a general issue and 2-3 accounts including your account were affected by this change.

Normally fixes do not take much time, specially, this type of issues have the highest level of priority and severity so we fix them immediately (in less than an hour in most cases). The problem this time was that some developers are on a holiday these days. The developers who could have this issue fixed in a few minutes were also on a holiday and were out of reach. Other team members were continuously working on your issue but they took a bit longer to identify the issue.

A discussion to expose alternate servers to be used in case of any interruption is also in progress. you will be able to use previous version of the service if a deploy affects your account once this idea is implemented.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for the details. I’d recommend not deploying such large changes when so many people are on leave, it’s just too dangerous.

Sorry to harp on about this, but could you please point me to your SLA.

Best regards,
Aidan

Hi Aidan,

Thank you for using Aspose APIs.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience you had to face. As far as SLA for Cloud service is concerned, we aim to keep the downtime to the minimum possible. There is only occasional downtime due to some upgrade or some unforeseen issue. However, you can check the service health history: https://status.aspose.cloud/.

We do not share any specific minimum SLA, however, our aim is to keep the downtime as minimum as possible. You can have a look at our terms of use though:Legal - About - aspose.cloud.

We’ll try our best to keep the service up and will inform our customers before making any major deployments.

I hope this helps. In case of any further questions or concerns, please feel free to share.
Regards,