How to split Microsoft Word Document into image in PHP using Aspose.Words REST API and get result in response body

Hi Muhammad, do you have an update on the PageStatData enhancements and the bugfixes for the documents that keep hanging while converting them with splitDocument?

We are waiting for this feature and expected the feature to be production ready at the end of last year.

Hi Richard,

PageStatData issue was logged a few days back however ETA request has been forwarded to our product team. We will update you as soon as the ETA is available.

Regarding document hang issue, can you please share the issue ID or thread link where the issue has been reported?

Best Regards,

I’m sorry but the only way to find back these threads is via the “my posts” page. That page does not contain any of these issues anymore, so I can’t find back any of my posts. This really is an annoying way to collaborate on fixing bugs, please find a solution for that. How would you suggest me to keep track of everything I’ve reported to you?

The hanging conversions on the ‘splitDocument’ calls have the highest priority on our side, so please make sue that the Words ‘splitDocument’ function can be used in production environments asap.

The links we did document are the following ones, they sometimes give errors when we try to open them:

<a href="

Hi Richard,

In fact, our issue tracking system is not publically accessible so it will not be possible for you keep track of issue IDs. We are preparing a list of your reported issues and the status of those issues and will share the updated list with you soon.

As far as splitDocument hang issue is concerned, no such error is thrown by the servers. You need to increase the request timeout to resolve this issue. These issues have been investigated and complete details will be shared in the respective forum threads.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad, I don’t refer to your issue tracking system but to this forum. We used to be able to find back most of our topics via the ‘my posts’ page within my profile. Probably because all posts were moved we can’t find them anymore.

Concerning the hanging issue; The request timeout was set to infinite, but we still don’t get a response after ten minutes of processing. This isn’t something we want when the feature is in production, so that’s why we are reporting it.

We tried to debug this in another way. We did refresh the Aspose Cloud “My files” page multiple times during the conversion process, and did saw the images appearing. After all pages were there, nothing happened with our request, it still kept loading.

Hi Richard,

Priority of both issues has been raised and we will try to get a fix as soon as possible. Regarding posts issue, are you able to see a link just under your name showing total number of posts posted by you? If yes, please click that link and you will see all posts posted by you.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad, thanks for the update! Hope we can make the feature production ready soon. The page you mention was the one I was able to find. The problem is that a lot of topics are missing. These probably were the ones that are “moved between forums”.

Hi Richard,

I can see all of your posts at https://forum.aspose.cloud/u/a.user/activity

Can you please share a single example which you think is missing from this list?

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad, I don’t because the following topics were moved and I can’t find them anywhere in that list:

Over the last period I’ve received tens of emails that threads were moved, so somehow they aren’t included in the search anymore.

Hi Richard,

I was able to see these threads in the search list of your threads. First thread is present on page 2 and second and third threads are present on page 3. Please check attached screenshots for more details. Moving a thread to another forum does not make any difference. All of your threads should be present in the search list.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad, can you update me on the footnotes? We are waiting on this feature to be production ready soon.

Hi Richard,

The mentioned feature has been implemented and footnote stat data is now part of page stat data however this will officially be announced after the release of Aspose.Words for Cloud 1.22.0 after a few days. Examples will also be added after the release.

You can check the response again and adjust your code to handle footnote stat data if you want to implement this feature immediately.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad, any update on when 1.22 will be released?

Hi Richard,

This will be published in the coming week.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad, saw the 1.22 version was released today so we instantly started testing the footnotes. First results look really promising! This eventually will allow us to move away from “converting to PDF”, and solely use the Words component.

The final hurdle we have to take is “languagedetection per page”. Can you advise us on that? Can we easily get the text per page, so we can do language detection on it?

Hi Richard,

MS Word documents have a flow layout and there is no concept of pages in MS Word. If you check the page count in MS Word, it gives the count per document (not per page). One workaround is to use splitDocument resource to split the document and the you will be able to get words per page.

Best Regards,

Hi Richard,

In addition to what Ijaz said, please note that there is no setting in Microsoft Word document that controls the language of the document as a whole. Instead, you can get the language of any text Run in Microsoft Word document using the Font.LocaleId/LocaleIdBi/LocaleIdFarEast properties. So, after splitting the document to pages, and to be able to discover the language setting of the one-page document, you should probably iterate through all Runs in the document and choose LocaleId/LocaleIdBi/LocaleIdFarEast that is occurring most often. Hope, this helps.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-10) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Cloud update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Awais, we have a separate API to detect the language of a text. So what we need is the text per page. Tried the ‘/words//paragraphs’ call, but it is not usable to determine the text per page.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry. Well, simple way to get text per page is to use split call and pass TXT format (http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/words/" + fileName + "/split?format=txt). This will split multi-page word document into separate TXT files. Hope, this helps.

Best regards,