How to remove a sheet in Excel to PDF Conversion in C#

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Cells.Cloud.SDK to convert excel files to PDF. There is a ‘Help’ sheet in all these excel documents that just contains instructions, which I don’t want to see in the final PDF document. Is there a way I can remove this sheet from converting to PDF?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards
Shravi

@s2205,

Please delete the ‘Help’ sheet from the Excel file and convert the Excel file to a PDF file.

Refer to the following code:

string name = “CustomTest_7212.xlsx”;
string needRemovedSheet = “Help”;
CellsApi cellsApi = new CellsApi("your client id ", “your client secret”);
PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
pdfSaveOptions.SaveFormat = “pdf”;
pdfSaveOptions.OnePagePerSheet = true;
Stream stream = Tools.GetFileStream(“Book1.xlsx”);
stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
cellsApi.UploadFile(name, stream);
cellsApi.CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheet(name, needRemovedSheet);
cellsApi.CellsSaveAsPostDocumentSaveAs(name, pdfSaveOptions, “CustomTest_7212.pdf”);

1 Like

Hi @wangtao
I was able to implement this successfully but the requirements to delete worksheets increased with time. Is there a way where I can delete multiple worksheets in a single call ? I am looking to simplify the below statements. Also, all this code is in a for loop which is sometimes causing the ‘CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheet’ to fail. Please let me know if there is an efficient way of doing it.

string needRemovedSheet = "xyz";
                    string needRemovedSheet1 = "abc";
                    string needRemovedSheet2 = "def";
                    string needRemovedSheet3 = "ghi";
                    string needRemovedSheet4 = "jkl";
                    string needRemovedSheet5 = "mno";

apiInstance.CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheet(name, needRemovedSheet, folder, storage);
apiInstance.CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheet(name, needRemovedSheet1, folder, storage);
apiInstance.CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheet(name, needRemovedSheet2, folder, storage);
apiInstance.CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheet(name, needRemovedSheet3, folder, storage);
apiInstance.CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheet(name, needRemovedSheet4, folder, storage);
apiInstance.CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheet(name, needRemovedSheet5, folder, storage);

Appreciate all your time and help. Thank you in advance.

@s2205,

Now, Aspose.Cells Cloud API does not support multiple worksheets in a single call. But we will add this feature for you in the next version.

Hi @wangtao Thank you for your response.

@s2205,

We had released Aspose.Cells Cloud SDK 21.10 for DotNet. It supports deleting multiple worksheets in a single call.
Please refer to the following online development document about the feature.

Code:

CellsApi instance = new CellsApi(clientId, clientSecret);
MatchConditionRequest matchConditionRequest = new MatchConditionRequest();
matchConditionRequest.FullMatchConditions = new List() { “Sheet1”, “Sheet2”, “Sheet3” }; ;
var name = “Book1.xlsx”;
string folder = “DotNetTest”;
UpdateDataFile(instance, folder, “Book1.xlsx”);
var response = instance.CellsWorksheetsDeleteWorksheets(name, matchConditionRequest, folder);