How to Append Word document using Aspose.Words REST API with drobox storage

Hi,

My source file (1.docx) and the file I want to append to the source (2.docx) are stored in my dropbox account.

I´m getting an error during the process of appending saying that 2.docx file was not found.

The API request body is:

{ “DocumentEntries”: [ { “Href”: “2.docx”, “ImportFormatMode”: “KeepSourceFormatting” } ], “ApplyBaseDocumentHeadersAndFootersToAppendingDocuments”: true }

While the url request is:

https://api.aspose.cloud/v4.0/words/1.docx/appendDocument?folder=Bastian%20Advogados%27s%20shared%20workspace%2FAI_Modelos_Topicos%2F&storage=Dropbox

Both files are stored in the same folder: Bastian%20Advogados%27s%20shared%20workspace%2FAI_Modelos_Topicos

I think my error is in the { “DocumentEntries”: [ { “Href”: “2.docx”, … because I´m not indicating that the file is stored in Bastian%20Advogados%27s%20shared%20workspace%2FAI_Modelos_Topicos

Does anyone know how should I setup it?
@tilal.ahmad
Thanks!

While merging files, I´m trying to merge files on this dropbox folder:

https://api.aspose.cloud/v4.0/words/1.docx/appendDocument?folder=Bastian%20Advogados%27s%20shared%20workspace%2FAI_Modelos_Topicos%2F&storage=Dropbox

The body is:

{ “DocumentEntries”: [ { “Href”: “2.docx”, “ImportFormatMode”: “KeepSourceFormatting” } ], “ApplyBaseDocumentHeadersAndFootersToAppendingDocuments”: true }

But it´s not working. Can you point me what is wrong in this scenario? File 2.docx is inside the same folder of 1.docx

The error I´m getting is:

{
“Error”: {
“Code”: “ErrorItemNotFound”,
“Message”: “Error while loading file ‘15.docx?folder=Bastian%2520Advogados%27s%2520shared%2520workspace%2FAI_Modelos_Topicos’ from storage: DropBox Storage exception: path/not_found/”,
“Description”: “Operation Failed. Item Not Found.”,
“InnerError”: {
“Code”: “errorDropBoxStorage”,
“Message”: “DropBox Storage exception: path/not_found/”,
“Description”: “Operation Failed. DropBox Storage Error.”
}
},
“RequestId”: “Root=1-5f790732-1373ae610e6a4f0479c610e7”
}
@tilal.ahmad

@gbastian

Your understanding is correct in request DocumentEntryList body parameter you need to pass the complete path of the file. In your case, it will be your_folder_path/2.docx.

Hi @tilal.ahmad

It worked, but now I’m getting this error:

Status error: 500
{
“Error”: {
“Code”: “InternalError”,
“Message”: “Error while save file ‘Bastian Advogados’s shared workspace/AI_Modelos_Topicos//cont_IDBAS_246_V1_BAS.docx’ to storage: Cannot access a closed Stream.”,
“Description”: “Operation Failed. Internal error.”,
“InnerError”: {
“Message”: “Cannot access a closed Stream.”
}
},
“RequestId”: “Root=1-5f79b10c-733fef5547c6095a291e5cdf”
}

Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks!

@gbastian

We are sorry for the inconvenience. I’m afraid we need to replicate the issue at our end. So please share your sample code along with input the documents. We will look into the issue and will guide you.