How to convert Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF to HTML using Aspose REST APIs

Hello,

I tried contacting your sales department - who was completely unhelpful and told me to post on the forums if I had any questions - to get more details on Aspose. We’re looking to use your Cloud service option to convert existing Excel, Powerpoint, PDF and Word docs into HTML to display on a page. I wanted to know details such as how robust the conversion is (what would be lost in the conversion), how exactly the conversion works, and a few other things. Is there a way I could have a call with someone to get more details, or less ideally, is there a section of your site that would provide more details on these questions?

Thanks so much.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I will assist you regarding your query related to Aspose.Slides for Cloud. Conversion of PowerPoint to HTML is support with our cloud component. You can refer to our product page for details regarding the supported features. Please refer to below documentation link regarding details and samples for conversion of Presentation file to other formats.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidescloud/Convert+PowerPoint+Documents+to+other+File+Formats

Regarding the conversion results of PPTX to HTML, you can create a free account to test the feature with your PPTX files and in case you face any issue, please share your PPTX and resultant HTML file with us and we will further investigate the issue.

You can contact us for any details via these support forums or you can also choose the Live Chat option on the site to contact Aspose Support staff.

My other colleagues will reply you accordingly for your requirements on converting Excel, PDF and Word documents to HTML.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose products.

I will address your concerns from Aspose.Cells for Cloud perspective. Aspose.Cells for Cloud service supports the conversion of Excel spreadsheets to most demanding formats including HTML while keeping high visual and functional fidelity. Please have a look at this technical article for your reference, and give the service a try on your end by creating a free account as suggested by my colleague in the previous post. In case you find any difficulty or have questions, please feel free to contact us any time.

Please note, Aspose Support Forums is the best place to discuss technical details regarding Aspose products, therefore we would encourage you to create a thread every time you hit a snag.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for contacting support.

I would like to share the information regarding PDF to HTML conversion using Aspose.Pdf for Cloud. This API provides the feature to convert PDF files to HTML format with high fidelity and in case you encounter any issue, please share the resource PDF so that we can test the scenario at our end. Please visit the following link for further details on Convert PDF to Images, TIFF, DOC, HTML and other Formats

I tried to do a conversion of a pptx AND a ppt to html and got the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Aspose\Cloud\Exception\AsposeCloudException’ with message ‘Error Code: 400, Bad Request’ in /Library/WebServer/Documents/Aspose/vendor/aspose/php/src/Aspose/Cloud/Slides/Converter.php:113 Stack trace: #0 /Library/WebServer/Documents/Aspose/Test.php(34): Aspose\Cloud\Slides\Converter->convert() #1 {main} thrown in /Library/WebServer/Documents/Aspose/vendor/aspose/php/src/Aspose/Cloud/Slides/Converter.php on line 113

Then I tried converting a pdf to html, and got an HTML file, but all of the output was encoded as if the pdf conversion never occurred and it just dumped the raw PDF data into an HTML file. I tried using the normal convert and convertLocalFile functions. Neither worked.

I tried converting an Excel file. It output it as a .zip file instead of an HTML. I manually renamed it to html and it looked great, except it exported only one sheet from the file (there were many in the workbook).

So far, I can’t possibly deploy this in production. Any advice?

Hi Andrew,

You can test up to 1MB files with your trial account. If your files are smaller than 1MB, then please share your input files you tried to convert and your complete code (remove your App SID and App Key from the code) for further analysis.

Best Regards,

@AndrewNCS

For your information, now Aspose Cloud APIs support 100MB file in request body and Free trial account has a 150 monthly credits limit. However, API calls processing bigger file than 20MB consumes extra credits. Please check pricing plan for more details.