Convert Microsoft Word Document to PDF in Java using Aspose.Words REST API issue

Hi,

I have been using Aspose Cloud SDK for Java 1.0 to convert docx files to pdf.
That is, I use com.aspose.cloud.words.Converter.convertLocalFile().

I wanted to switch to Aspose cloud Words for Java 1.0.0 which uses com.aspose.words.api.WordsApi.PutConvertDocument(), but for the same docx file I try to convert I receive the following error:
Caused by: com.aspose.words.client.ApiException: {“Message”:“MIME multipart content is not supported by the operation.”}
at com.aspose.words.client.ApiInvoker.invokeAPI(ApiInvoker.java:262)
at com.aspose.words.api.WordsApi.PutConvertDocument(WordsApi.java:765)

What should I do?

Hi Alon,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document you’re getting this problem with here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

See attached. As I mentioned before, the same file will be processed successfully when using Java SDK 1.0.

Thanks,
Alon

Hi Alon,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words for Cloud 1.22.0, we were unable to reproduce this issue on our end (please see attached generated.pdf). Can you please retest your scenario again? In case the problem still remains, please attach a Java application (complete source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end. We will investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

I will prepare a code to sent. But I do want to make sure that we don’t have any product confusion.
I am using the Java class WordsApi from the SDK as downloaded from
“com.aspose” % “aspose-cloud-words” % “1.0.0”,
Maven repository: https://repository.aspose.cloud/repo/com/aspose/aspose-words-cloud/.

I don’t see any reference there to Version 1.22.0.

Thanks,
Alon

Hi Alon,

It would be great if you please create a standalone simple Java application to reproduce this issue on our end. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Hi,

I am facing same issue. How did you manage to resolve this ?

We didn’t.
We had so many problems so we stopped using the service and developed our own internal conversion tool.

Thanks for the update

@alon-2

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. We have reproduced your above reported issue and created an issue SDKDEV-533 with high priority. Our Cloud team is investigating the issue and will fix it soon.

Furthermore, we will appreciate it if you please share other issue you were facing in the Aspose.Words for Cloud. We will look into it and will address it accordingly.

@alon-2

Thanks for your patience. Please note above reported issue SDKDEV-533 has been fixed in Aspose.Words for Cloud for Java SDK 10.8.0. It is pushed to Maven/GitHub as well.

@poojard

As an update, kindly note we have released a new API Version 4.0 with some breaking changes. Please check the details in your another post and feel free to ask for any assistance in this regard.