How to verify PDF Document signature and set PDF Document privileges using Aspose.PDF REST API

Hi!

I wonder how we can reason property when signing pdf-document. And i cannot see that signed certificate became validated. If sign with same certificate ie. Nitro application signing stamp will be validated and seeing all properties filled properly.

And also we cannot see how we set security that only printing and test copy is allowed.

-mikko

@kojamo

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support.

We are exploring docs to find required information regarding your query and will answer your query shortly.

HI!

Here is some additional information.

Binder2.pdf (279.3 KB)

-mikko

@kojamo

Would you please confirm you are using Aspose.Pdf REST APIs or Native APIs?

Aspose.Pdf REST APIs: Aspose.Pdf Cloud - API References

HI!

REST Api. We just modified Aspose.Pdf-for-Cloud-master -> SignPdfDoc.Run() method.

-mikko

@kojamo

Unfortunately, certifying a PDF file with a PKCS12-Certificate and setting privileges on a PDF file (e.g. allowing printing, copying) features are only available in Native APIs, not in REST APIs.

Since REST APIs are a wrapper around Native APIs, implementation/availability of these features in REST APIs would not take much time. I have logged a request in our internal tracking software for the implementation of these features and will update you here once a new version with requested APIs is available.

@kojamo

Please note we have implemented your requested features. Please try following APIs for signature verification and document privileges. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task.

GET ​/pdf​/{name}​/verifySignature Verify signature document.

PUT ​/pdf​/{name}​/privileges Update privilege document.