Convert documents(word/ppt/excel) to images in PHP using Aspose REST APIs to display on iPad

Hi,

We are looking at your Cloud solution as our app is written in .php.

We have a web app www.activeteachonline.com/demo and currently when you click a resource (blue icons in the book)- which are word/ppt/excel/etc files, it asks you to download it

We want to be able to convert to jpeg and thus allow a user to see a preview mode of that file

I wanted to ask- will this work on Ipads?

Could you please test the scenario and let us know?

Thanks

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Babar Raza.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words for Cloud allows you to convert documents to DOC, DOCX, XPS, TIFF, PDF, HTML, SWF, and many other formats. It lets you render a complete document or a single page to different image formats (JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, and so on).

Please visit the following
articles:

shehzad najib:

We want to be able to convert to jpeg and thus allow a user to see a preview mode of that file

You can either upload documents to Aspose cloud storage (default option) or to any third party storage service of
your choice. In case you upload files to Aspose’s cloud
storage, the files will remain be there as long as you want. Once you have converted your document to image file format, you can download/preview your images.
shehzad najib:

I wanted to ask- will this work on Ipads?

Yes, Aspose for Cloud works on iPad. Please read more detail about Aspose for Cloud from here:
http://www.aspose.com/cloud/total-api.aspx

Hope this answers your query. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi,

I like to share that Aspose.Slides for cloud allows you to work with PPT and PPTX presentation and allowing to export them to PDF, TIFF and XPS. It also allows you generate the slide thumbnail or image of an independent slide which serves your requirements for generating the image of slide. Please visit Generate slide image for your kind reference.

As far as the rest of your questions are concerned they are common between all Aspose Cloud product and have been responded by Tahir in previous post. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Similarly, Aspose.Cells for Cloud allows you to split your workbooks into different formats like xlsx, xls, xps, tiff, jpeg, bmp, gif etc.

You can split your workbooks into jpeg images and download and preview them in your IPad application. Please see the following document for your reference.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellscloud/Split+Excel+Workbooks

You can also convert your worksheet, autoshape, chart and ole object into images. Please see the subarticles of the following section for your reference.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellscloud/Working+with+Images

Hi,

I also like to share that Aspose.Slides for Cloud also offer the mechanism. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference in this regard. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,