Convert ANSI Text file to UTF-8 Encoding using Aspose.Words RESTful API

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-67) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Cloud update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Great news!

Just checked it and it works.
Many thanks,
Yishay

Hi Awais,

Bad news.
You have a bug with algorithm you use for encoding.
The following sentence:
01020100104000007.00000000000.00 ˜ˆ…— ‰–…— š˜ƒ‡„… Ž"Ž 8 ˜ˆ…— ‡…ƒ‰— š…˜Œ ,š…‘”˜Ž š…‰˜ˆ‰…Œ š‡šŽ ‹… ‰…ˆ˜ ‰˜…†€ š…–‰‡Ž š‰š‡š Ž"‘ 20 ƒ’ „…‚… Ž"‘ 10-20 ‡…˜ 20- …ˆ š…˜…‚‡

was translated in Aspose to:
‏ בחורב 20-ב ןוטב תורוגח10-20‏01020100104000007.00000000000.00 רטוקב םיצוק תרדחהו מ"מ 8 רטוקב חודיק תוברל ,תוספרמב תונירטיול תחתמ ןכו םיבוטר םירוזאב תוציחמ תיתחתב מ"ס 20 דע הבוגבו מ"ס

while actually it should have been (I used notepad++ to get this one):
01020100104000007.00000000000.00 רטוקב םיצוק תרדחהו מ"מ 8 רטוקב חודיק תוברל ,תוספרמב תונירטיול תחתמ ןכו םיבוטר םירוזאב תוציחמ תיתחתב מ"ס 20 דע הבוגבו מ"ס 10-20 בחורב 20-ב ןוטב תורוגח

This is very bad, because it means we cannot use the functionality at all.
Regards,
Yishay

Hi Awais,

I think the issue is with numbers in cases where the number is followed by - or / (maybe other characters as well) and than another number, some examples:
1/2
3-30
This might also be the case with english letters embedded in the text.
I hope this will help you help us.

Thanks,
Yishay

This also happens when there are English letters embedded in the text (even one letter is enough, no need for punctuation like - or .

Hi Yishay,

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input document
  • Aspose.Words generated output document showing the undesired behavior
  • Your expected document showing the correct output. You may create expected document using Microsoft Word etc.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we'll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip them and Click 'Reply' button that will bring you to the 'reply page' and there at the bottom you can include any attachments with that post by clicking the 'Add/Update' button.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

I just copied pasted the information I already wrote you in my previous comment into 3 files.

Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSCLOUD-78. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

We are waiting patiently for this bug to be fixed for almost a year (my first post was on 1st of July 2015).
Are you going to solve this issue anytime soon?

Regards,
Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our product team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Any news regarding that ETA?

thanks,
Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Please spare us some time for the investigation of this issue. Our product team is currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the exact root cause of this problem. Once the analysis of this issue is completed, we will then be able to share the ETA. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

We are delaying this more and more, but We have a release schedule and our customers expect this feature.
Can you please help us with this issue?

Many thanks,
Yishay

Hi Yishay,

I am in coordination with product team to get answer pertaining to your queries. Soon you will be updated with the required information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

any news regarding the ETA from the dev?

Thanks,
Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Please spare us some time for the investigation of this issue. Our product team is currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the exact root cause of this problem. Once the analysis of this issue is completed, we will then be able to share the ETA. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

ask them if the solution is in C#, because if it is than this should have solved most of the problem:

Encoding encoding = Encoding.GetEncoding(862);

StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(fileName, encoding, false);

I have no problem sharing the rest of the solution with you guys if it will help quicken things up.

Thanks,
Yishay

Hi Yishay,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will most likely make fix of this issue live during mid of August 2016. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

thank you for your answer.

Yishay

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-78) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Cloud 1.27.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.