Cloud data Security\Privacy of Aspose Cloud Servers

Hi,

I’m currently testing the Aspose.Words Cloud API with Azure Storage for mail merge.

Could you give more detail on what happens to any data submitted to the API and where your servers are located?

I understand you are using AWS but if I use from Europe will the processing be done from an Amazon European data centre?

Is data deleted immediately after the API has processed the data posted?

Thanks,

Paul

@bieproductplanning

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support.

Our servers are located in USA.

Aspose for Cloud allows the customers to upload files on Aspose for Cloud’s own storage. These files are maintained as long as the customer wants. The customer can remove these files at any time. However, the files which are directly passed to the API in the request, or from an external storage, for processing are not retained by Aspose for Cloud at all. None of these files are accessible to any person other than the customer himself.

If you are not comfortable with Aspose Cloud Storage you can use your own Cloud Storage or some other third party storage, for example, Amazon S3, Azure, DropBox, FTP or Google Drive Storage. We at Aspose for Cloud, want to go beyond limitations and make Aspose for Cloud a kind of Gateway between a Developer and the Cloud Storage of his users.

For more details please check following articles:
Cloud Security
Privacy Policy
How to Configure third-party Cloud Storage

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Understood about data being deleted immediately on US servers and that is OK for some use cases. However some organisations specifically require that data doesn’t leave their country\region, even temporarily. So even though we can use Azure storage in UK or Germany for example - that data is still temporarily going to the US.

It would be good if you offered this on Azure Marketplace with the ability to choose a region that you want to host the API.

Thanks,
Paul

@bieproductplanning

It would be good if you offered this on Azure Marketplace with the ability to choose a region that you want to host the API.

We have logged your request in our internal tracking software to investigate whether it would be possible. We will update you here as we reach to a certain conclusion.