How to extract PowerPoint Presentation objects and their position and format using Aspose.Slides REST API

Can i extract ppt and pptx objects and their position and format in order to save in a personal format in my database?

is it possible using Aspose.Slides for Cloud?

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please provide some more details regarding your requirement
that what kind of objects you need to extract from your presentation files. It
will be good if you can share some sample presentation with us to help us
understand your requirement. This way we will be in better position to respond
to your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi

We have a web eLearning solution with a authoring tool inside. This tool is like a multimedia editor but our users commonly have their courses content in power point files (ppt, pptx), then we want our platform can import the assets of any power point file, create a page in our autohing tool for each page in the ppt file and put the right assets in each page.

Text and image is enogh for this moment, but in the future, we will need import shapes (triangle, square), wordArt and smartArt as a png image. Also we will need import audio, video and transcode them with zencoder and save them in AWS S3 (the image files too). About the format of the text, we want import font-type, size, align, if it is a bullet/numbered list, sangria, if it is bold, italic o underlined. The import of order of the layers (z-index) is important too. About the transition between pages and the animation of objects in a page maybe we will need identify if a object/page has animation or not, the type of animation in order to use our most similar type of animation in our system and when it is trigged.In our database we save the position, format, the z-index and some other properties of the assets.

The system use zendFramework and is hosted in heroku cloud platform.

I not have some ppt file example, but the most common files of our users have just text, images, backgrounds and animations.

Is it information enough? Please tell me if it isn’t.

Thanks for your answer!!!

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

We are looking into your requirements and will get back to you soon with details.

Thanks & Regards,

Have you some news about it?

Thanks!!!

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Please see the following documentation link with details and sample codes regarding working with text items and working with shapes in a presetation.

Working with Text

Working with Shapes

Regarding your other requirements for future, could you please provide us some sample or list of the features you are looking for as your above details are not very clear. Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi

I saw the documentation, but i don’t found how i can get the X,Y position of a text item or picture inside a slide. Is possible get it? and is possible get the z-order of the objects of a slide?

Thanks!!!

Hi,

I am afraid your required features are not supported with
Aspose.Slides for Cloud at the moment. Following new feature requests are
registered in our issue tracking system as per your requirement.

SAASSLIDES-136: Get
X,Y position of a text item in a Presentation

SAASSLIDES-137: Get
Z-Index of Shape in a Presentation

You will be notified via this forum thread once the new
features are supported.

Thanks & Regards,

Ok,

Does the java or .Net version supports these requirements?

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />

Well, you can get the position of the shapes and z-index using Aspose.Slides for .NET. Please see the following sample code for your reference which will return the position of all the shapes including Text Placeholders:

Presentation pres = new Presentation("C:\\Data\\Aspose.pptx");
foreach(ISlide slide in pres.Slides) {
  IShapeCollection shapes = slide.Shapes;
  foreach(Shape shape in shapes) {
    Console.WriteLine("Shape X Coordinate: " + shape.X);
    Console.WriteLine("Shape Y Coordinate: " + shape.Y);
    Console.WriteLine("Shape Z-Index: " + shape.ZOrderPosition);
  }
}

In case you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact support.

Thanks & Regards,

@azarate

Please check following API method to extract a shape with its position. Hopefully it will help you to accomplish the task.

Get a Particular Shape from the Slide