Update Page Setup of Word document issue with Aspose.Words Cloud

When POSTing to to the section pageSetup endpoint, PaperSize gets updated, however, no other fields do. If I change the ordering, it seems as though the first field present will be updated and all other fields ignored.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
Letter
Continuous

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We will test in detail and update you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Patrick,

I was not able to reproduce this issue at my end using my samples. All changes take effect. Can you please share your sample document to reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,

Attached is the test doc I was using.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the sample. We will test and share our findings soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Patrick,

This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as SAASWORDS-171. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hi Patrick,

This is actually not an issue. The reason your changes are not applied is that pageSetup resource expects the XML options in alphabetical order. You can update your XML to provide the options in alphabetical order e.g.

<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Continuous

Letter

Please test at your end and let us know if it resolves the issue.

Best Regards,

That worked. I guess the only question is why it needs to be that way? At the very least, it should be very well documented in the api.

Hi Patrick,

Yes you are right. We will check the viability if it is feasible to accept these options in any order and will update the documentation as soon as possible.

Best Regards,