Arial font becomes Italics

@bedarley111111

The fonts issue is fixed. Let us know if you still face any issues in this regard.

Hello Tilal,
I have just tested in the last 5 minutes and my output PDF is still coming back with the Arial font in italics. Could you look into this again please.

@bedarley111111
We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have noticed the issue and logged a ticket WORDSCLOUD-2291 for further investigation. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.

Hello Tilal, Any update with the ticket?

@bedarley111111

I am afraid the issue is still pending for investigation in the queue. We will share an update/ETA with you as soon as we complete the investigation.

Hello Tilal, this is a production issue for us and so we have un happy clients as their report format is affected - this is costing us money for Arial reports whicha re produced not to specification. Can you give me an indication of how big the queue is that it is pending in or is there anyway to expedite the investigation? are we talking weeks? any idea would be helpful as I need to know if we need to look at damage limitation/alternative options

@bedarley111111

I have shared your concern with our product team, requested to complete the investigation and share an update/ETA. I will notify you as soon as I get an update.

We experience the same issues. This is a serious problem for our customers and a real showstopper! Any updates on the this issue?

@aengbers

We are working on the issue, and hopefully it will be resolved this week. However, in the meantime, you can upload your fonts to a cloud storage folder and pass the folder path in the fontsLocation parameter of the Convert APIs.

@tilal.ahmad I am from the same org as @bedarley111111. We have also started getting random 502 Bad Gateway errors. I saw some forum posts which were 1 month old where you said you are fixing these. Can you elaborate on this issue as well, since It doesnt seem to be fixed by now.

@nikhilgoyal2205

We have fixed that issue. Recently, we have not received any such complaints. However, please share some more details, time and API method. We will investigate the issue and share our findings with you.

I also have the same problem with the arial letter that makes it italic. I use this in production, for when do they solve it?

@y0427

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The issue resolution is in progress; hopefully, it will be in production in a day or two.

@tilal.ahmad
I converted again and all text is bold

@y0427

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We already noticed the bold text issue and fixed it on qa server. The production server updation job is in progress and soon fix will be available on it as well.

@bedarley111111, @nikhilgoyal2205, @aengbers, @y0427

Hopefully, fonts are working as expected now in the conversion. However, if you are still facing any issues, then please feel let us know.

A post was split to a new topic: Footers Move to Next Page After Conversion

Hello @tilal.ahmad the font is indeed fixed now, but there is a new issue. The font and line spacing has been massively affected and everything seems to be spaced and 2 lines or more.

This means the formatting/layout of the document has been messed up. Please look into this as a matter of urgency as this is worse than having italic font.

Please see the attached input and out put file.Input - blank doc.docx (2.7 MB)
Output_large spacing.pdf (5.3 MB)

1 Like

@bedarley111111

We have noticed the problem(WORDSCLOUD-2317) and are investigating it. We will share an update with you asap. However, for better control, I will suggest using custom fonts from your cloud storage folder. You can upload your fonts to the cloud storage folder and pass the fonts folder path using the fontsLocation parameter in the API call.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSCLOUD-2317) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by yaroslaw.ekimov