Convert PowerPoint Presentation to PDF in PHP with Aspose.Slides REST API results invalid PDF

I have an issue where the PDF generated (from save PPTX as PDF) isn’t quite a legal PDF. When I open the PDF in Chrome (using the built-in Chrome PDF reader) it looks valid, but some of the pictures do not print.

If I open the PDF in Acrobat,and print it everything prints.

There is something going on with how the pictures are inserted. In the original source, the pictures that don’t print are inserted into placeholders on the template.

Any hints on how to avoid this.?

If you’d like I can DM you with the output deck (pdf) and the source deck (pdf) that was merged to create the output.

@klubar

We are sorry for your inconvenience. Please note we follow the Adobe Acrobat as standard, because Adobe is in the center of all which are connected with PDF. As mentioned in this post, all PDF readers/tools, available in market, have their own “representation”. So it is recommended to use Adobe Acrobat/Reader as standard because it is impossible to get same results on all the PDF readers.

Please change the default PDF reader of chrome to Adobe Reader, it will resolve the issue.

That’s sort of what I thought, but I was wondering if you had any pointers on what type of PPTX constructs to avoid. Thanks. Ken

1 Like