How to Self Host Aspose.Words REST API to convert Microsoft Word Documents in cloud?

Hi,

What options are there to use Apose.Words as a RESTful service in a local, co-located deployment? Would it be up to me to wrap the capabilities as a service? Using the hosted, cloud version of Aspose.Words is not a deployment model that will work for my project.

Thanks!!

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words for Java is available for Java 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 and will run in any place where Java is installed. Please read following documentation links for your kind reference and let us know if you have any more queries.

Thanks Tahir. I am familiar with how Java is installed and run. I am more interested in understanding if there is an offering that Aspose has that runs as a service on the network so that instead of wrapping Apose.Words with my own code to expose it as a RESTful service, I simply deploy a WAR file or similar component Aspose offers. For example, there is a cloud offering your company has. Can it be purchased and deployed locally at a customer site?

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words for Java is a class library that enables your applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words supports DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®. You can use Aspose.Words Jar file where Java is installed. You can wrap Aspose.Words Jar file with you code and use it. For more information, please go through the documentation below:

I am moving this forum thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Words For Cloud team will reply you shortly about your query related to cloud.

Hi Julian,

If you want to use Aspose Cloud REST APIs without wrapping in your own code, You can use Aspose for Cloud SDKs. Java or other SDKs can be downloaded from http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordscloud/Programmers+Guide. These SDKs allow you to pass input document and other parameters and get your desired result. You can either use REST examples or SDK examples from the documentation http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordscloud/Programmers+Guide.

If you want to build your own cloud service just like Aspose for Cloud service, you can wrap .NET or Java components following the terms and conditions described in the EULA.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Thanks…so this means that the Apose Cloud products cannot be deployed locally. I must expose the tool myself or use the hosted version of Aspose, correct?

Hi Julian,

Yes you are right. If you want our developers to build such solution for you, you can contact our consulting team. Please check http://www.aspose.com/corporate/services/aspose-consulting.aspx for more details.

Best Regards,

@oakridge

Recently we have launched Aspose.Words Cloud Docker Container, a self hosting solution. Now, you have an option to deploy Aspose.Words Cloud API at your own premises and use its features without depending on the api.aspose.cloud. Please check the documentation to know how to run Aspose.Words Docker Container and this forum post for details and feel free to contact us for any further assistance.