Compare two Word documents in Aspose.Words Cloud SDK for PHP

Quite recent the ‘compare’ feature was introduced for the Words packages. Please also add this to the Cloud platform, as it should expose all features that the “offline” packages have:

Compare Documents in C#|Aspose.Words for .NET

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have logged this feature request as SAASWORDS-248 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir, do you have an update on this? Would be great to compare documents.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently, this feature is pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will update you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this feature.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Tahir, can you tell me or comparing documents using the cloud API will be implemented soon?

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. The feature (SAASWORDS-248) has been resolved. This feature will be available in next version of Aspose.Words for Cloud. We will inform you via this forum thread once new release is published.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for being patient. We have good news for you i.e. SAASWORDS-248 have now been resolved. You may now please re-test your scenario with Aspose.Words for Cloud. Hope, this helps.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks! Can you introduce the call properly (e.g. with OptionsResolver like in this PR) in the PHP SDK?

We will test this feature next week, hope it’ll work exactly as we expect it to work :slight_smile: We will let you know what our first results are.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have merged your pull request. Please download latest Aspose.Words for Cloud SDK and let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir, thanks for merging. Please don’t forget to release a new stable version of the SDK so composer can find it.

Your new SDK repo isn’t usable because all languages are in the same repo. The Symfony bundle installs the PHP SDK, every language should have it’s own repo: GitHub - asposeforcloud/asposesymfony

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have noted your suggestion and will inform you once we have solution of your requirements.

Hi Tahir, the PR we did provide did not add the compare function to the SDK, but was related to the ‘stats’ function. Can you provide me with documentation about this call?

Found the documentation on the following page, it seems a lot of calls are missing in the SDK:

REST API References Aspose Cloud Filemat APIs

Please don’t release features without updating the documentation, that’s really weird and isn’t understandable from the average consumer perspective.

Based on the link in my previous post we now implemented the API in the SDK (PR will be made later), but we still found out that the compare feature is a bit buggy.

It isn’t identical to the output MS Word will give for differences that are larger than a couple of words. We will provide you with our test results in a separate thread, this thread should stay related to the documentation and PR in the SDK.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Regarding your SDK query, currently we are working over your scenario. Once we have any update available about your scenario, we will update you via this forum thread.

Please don’t release features without updating the documentation, that’s really weird and isn’t understandable from the average consumer perspective.

We will update the documentation and update you via this forum thread. We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Document Comparison Issue